Let me emphasize that I encourage comments. Lively discussions are the hallmark of some of my favorite blogs, and I would love to host similar discussions at my blog. However commenting can get out of hand, and so I want to lay some ground rules for those wishing to comment on my blog.
1) Comments should be on-topic. Sometimes this is not a problem, however off-topic comments can easily lend themselves to being offensive or belligerent.
2) Comments should be fair and courteous. Some commentors seem only interested in tearing down any others who comment. If you want to debate the issues, you are welcome. But if you only want to seek to discredit people by discussing or alleging personal problems, get over it. Everyone has a right to be heard, and it is up to the readers to judge for themselves whether their conclusions can be trusted.
3) Comments should not be vulgar, offensive, or crude. Comments I deem to be over the line, in this regard will be deleted. The same goes for comments linking to offensive or lewd material. This is a Christian blog, remember.
4) Comments from unbelievers or non-Christians are welcome. But please remember the above three rules, and treat us fairly. Hopefully the conduct and arguments of those who comment here (myself included) will be used by God\’s Spirit to draw you to salvation.
5) I reserve the right to add rules, and to delete any comment as I am the owner of this blog. However, I pledge to explain why I deleted comments, and I welcome any questions pertaining to these rules.
Let me add a word about anonymity. In the interests of discussion, I have chosen to allow anyone to comment anonymously. For some, this may make it easier to comment. Others may, for one reason or another, want to shield their identity when commenting. I am fine with that. I would rather hear concerns and questions and be able to address them, than have people not raise them due to a requirement to provide their identity. However, I do not want to encourage people using fake identites. If you give a name, please let it be your real name. This allows the discussions to take place in a reasonable and fair fashion.
With this said, please feel free to comment! Just leave a note on any of my blog posts, or if you aren’t commenting about that particular post, just use my contact form.