I have long been intrigued by St. Patrick. I love the color green and I do have some Irish blood. But the more I learn about the true St. Patrick, the more my estimation of him as a Christian leader rises. In fact, our son born near St. Patrick’s Day has Patrick for a middle name.
I’ve written on St. Patrick’s Day before, and today I just want to compile some resources for those who wish to learn more about the legacy of St. Patrick. The best thing to do to mark Patrick’s day would be to read Patrick in his own words – read his autobiographical “Confession of St. Patrick,” or his poignant “Letter to the Soldiers of Coroticus” — both documents widely accepted to be from Patrick’s own pen.
- St. Patrick’s Day Devotion
- St. Patrick the Missionary
- Patrick and Celtic Christianity (Issue 60 of Christian History magazine)
- Who Was St. Patrick? by Kevin DeYoung
- “What Evangelicals Can Learn from Saint Patrick” by Russell Moore
- “St. Patrick’s Day: The Legacy of Church Planting and Scholars” by Wallace Henley
- Recommended Book: How the Irish Saved Civilization by Thomas Cahill
- Recommended Book: The Wisdom of St. Patrick by Greg Tobin
- Recommended Book: St. Patrick of Ireland by Philip Freeman